If you’re reading this page, then you’re invited to be an interviewee for this project. Here’s what you need to know:
- Interviews will be conducted via 60-minute voice calls on Zoom. (video completely optional)
- Interviews will be recorded, but I won’t publish the audio if you prefer. You can decide after the interview.
- I will generate a transcript and tidy it up into a Q&A-style blog post, which I may choose to publish.
- The finished product can be published using whatever name or pseudonym you prefer, or completely anonymous.
- You will do most of the talking; I will prompt you with a set of basic questions and follow up on things that seem interesting.
- It’s informal and conversational! Just chat with me, and I’ll do my best to make you sound smart & coherent in the published transcript.
- You can expect the basic questions listed below. You can prep some thoughts ahead of time if you really want to, but don’t sweat it.
If you want to participate, sign up for a time slot here:
Here’s a list of basic “springboard” questions that might get asked during the interview. They’re intentionally broad and open to interpretation, so you can take the query and run in whatever direction makes the most sense to you.
- Who and/or what are you, and how did you get here?
- What is “true” and “false,” and how do you differentiate them?
- What is the world? How did it get here? Why does it exist?
- What does the near and far future look like, for you and for the world? Where are things heading?
- What things should you do? Are there things you shouldn’t do?
- What goals are worth pursuing? How should you pursue them?
- What led you to these ideas and this way of viewing the world?
- How confidently do you hold this worldview?